Junior Quantity Surveyor – Conway Group, Magherafelt
Due to the rapid expansion of Group activities, we are seeking recruit a Junior Quantity Surveyor to strengthen our existing commercial team based at head office in Magherafelt. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality Design & Build projects ranging from £1m to £10m across a variety of sectors including healthcare, leisure, commercial and retail sectors. You will enjoy a varied role being both out on site and in head office and will play a key role in the Group’s future development plans.
Reporting to the Construction Director, we are looking for an ambitious individual who is seeking to fast track their career development. To be considered for this position you should be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge of the following:
- Pre-contract responsibilities such as measurements and cost estimates.
- On-site measurement of subcontractors.
- Checking materials invoices against purchase orders.
- Involvement with materials procurement and subcontractor procurement analysis.
- Issuing materials tender enquiries.
- Raise purchase orders, check invoices against purchase orders and maintain records of costs.
- Reviewing of subcontractor payments, contract and purchasing administration.
- Coordinate resources both internally and externally to support efficient maintenance service delivery.
- Investigate maintenance problems and provide corrective actions and advice.
- Oversee, control and monitor contractors completing works on site.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
- You must be reliable, trustworthy and proactive, with an enthusiastic approach to work and learning, with good punctuation and attendance.
- Strong organisation and communication skills, with a methodical approach and a good attention to detail.
- Excellent in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in using database and similar bespoke IT systems.
- Willingness to develop career and undertake further training to support career development.
- Experience of working with a Contractor/Sub contractor.
- A full driving license
- Must be a local candidate – within one hour from Magherafelt
- 3rd Level Qualification in Quantity Surveying
For the successful candidate a competitive remuneration package is on offer along with outstanding training and career progression. This is an opportunity to get your ‘foot in the door’ with an industry-leading firm, joining them through expansion.
If interested please contact HR Manager Fiona Morgan on 02879632001 in the strictest confidence or alternatively please email your CV to email@example.com .
Conway Group Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that under the new GDPR regulations, by replying to this advert, you are giving Conway Group permission to retain your personal information for the purposes of this application.
|Job Category||Junior Quantity Surveyor|