Due to the rapid expansion of Group activities, we are seeking to recruit a Bookkeeper/Purchase Ledger Clerk to strengthen our existing accounts team based at head office in Magherafelt. We are a business that has grown significantly throughout its 40 years in business and has diversified into a multi- disciplined organisation, with specialist interests in Healthcare, Property, and Construction.
Role: Permanent, Full-time Mon- Thurs 08:45- 17:30 & Friday 08:45- 17:00
Salary: £21,000 – £25,000 depending on experience
Conway Group is based in Magherafelt and employs approx. 700 people throughout its Group businesses and associated companies. Conway Group prides itself in being a progressive and forward thinking company in business development, diversification, expansion and future opportunities.
As Bookkeeper/Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will be based at our head office in Magherafelt, responsible for providing bookkeeping and purchasing accounting support to the finance team.
Main duties include, but not limited to:
- Review and verify invoices and cheque requests in both GBP Sterling and Euro
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Sort, code, match, prepare for payment, and file invoices
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Liaise with the Buying Department
- Prepare and perform cheque runs
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis for accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
It is essential that all candidates meet the following criteria:
- Experience in an accounts payable role
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software
- Knowledge of double entry bookkeeping and journals
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Full clean driving license and access to own car
If this role appeals to you and you are a good communicator, team player, flexible and a good time keeper, please contact Clare Devenny, HR Coordinator on 028 79632001 to request an application form or send your CV to email@example.com
Conway Group Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that under the new GDPR regulations, by replying to this advert, you are giving Conway Group permission to retain your personal information for the purposes of this application.
|Job Category||Bookkeeper/Purchase Ledger Clerk|